WebShopApps Founder & CEO, Karen Baker, shares her thoughts on her recent move to the US and the opening of the WebShopApps US office in Dublin, Ohio.
• Exclude shipping options and rates for certain destinations, weights, products (or groups of products), subtotals and customer groups (e.g. wholesalers)
• Apply standard table rates to some products and live courier rates to others
• Add a shipping surcharge in certain situations
• Calculate shipping based on percentage of cart or shipping value
• Compatible with all shipping carriers, including FedEx, UPS and USPS live rates
• Manage using a CSV file for fast creation and modification of shipping rules
• Seamless customer experience – displays altered rates as standard
• Excellent documentation and practical examples
• One of our bestselling Magento extensions – particularly suited to the US market
Play with a live demonstration of Shipping Override.
- Absolute Necessity from an Outstanding Developer! Review by Mike
Beyond that, the added functionality of being able to set rules to any possible circumstance you might want is AMAZING! They really thought of everything on this one.
A GREAT job to everyone at WebShopApps! (Posted on 11/21/12)
- Must have Shipping Extension Review by Chris
In our case we use this extension with about 150 different rules allowing us to do everything from adding on an insurance fee for orders over $1000 to adding surcharges (not visible to the customer) for special items which are not regular box sizes, or which require additional cost on our end, or just a UPS/FedEx special fee.
Don't let the CSV file format scare you, once you get the hang of it, this and "Dimensional Shipping" are the only two shipping extensions you need. (Posted on 7/18/12)
- Best Custom Shipping Extension Review by Levi
- Works as advertised Review by Bill H
But in the end I was able to get it to work and do exactly as needed (we ship in US and wanted to prevent ground shipping to non-continental US addresses) which uses only a FRACTION of its potential abilities. Nicely done! (Posted on 4/30/11)
- Works well Review by John
- This worked as advertised, with nice documentation. One minor hiccup I had was that I forgotten to disable "Compilation" prior to install, which caused some havoc. Other than that, things went great. Nice job folks! (Posted on 3/20/10)
- works quite well, documentation needs work Review by Brett
- we are testing "Shipping Override" and "Premium matrix" they both work quite well, but the documentation needs work - took about 3 hours to work out how to get it running right. (Maybe I'm a slow learner) 99% of the examples are not documented, the ones that are documented are not done well - would be better if there were more documents and or video tutorials - I'm sure they are a lot more powerful that what I have got going now. (Posted on 3/18/10)
- Fantastic Review by Liz Lee
- This extension was exactly what we needed and the customer support was fantastic. It's very refreshing to have such a positive experience with a Magento extension for a change! (Posted on 3/10/10)
- Must have Magento extension Review by Jeremy
This extension allows us to customize our shipping prices on the fly per product. We can also mass upload shipping changes with a spreadsheet which speeds up our process.
Some products come from different places and need different shipping rates. This allows us to offer these products and charge more for shipping while still keeping our regular shipping rates for our other products.
This Magento extension does the job and has never had any errors within our Magento install.
(Posted on 2/17/10)
- Great extension Review by Max Q
We purchased this extension for a client who needed to ship some hazardous products, most of which can not be shipped by air.
By using this extension they can now select the products and apply specific shipping.
Also great one on one support from Karen, highly recommended.
Max Q Designs (Posted on 1/15/10)
Shipping Override is a powerful solution that enables you to adapt your standard Magento shipping rates to meet your business needs. With Shipping Override you can set special shipping charges for certain products, surcharge your live shipping rates, or restrict shipping options based on destination, weight, product, cart subtotal or customer group.
The ability to override live shipping rates from many carriers – including FedEx, UPS and USPS – makes this extension particularly well-suited to the US market.
Please note: Shipping Override does not create its own shipping rates. For this we recommend our Product Matrix extension.
Unsure if this extension is right for you? Contact us.