Magento Imagine took place last week, April 8th – 10th at the M Resort hotel in Las Vegas. WebShopApps were in attendance and as we have come to expect from Magento, we were not disappointed.
EU VAT Checker
• VAT numbers can be validated during checkout registration, guest checkout or new account creation
• Validated customers are added to a VAT-free customer group and will not be taxed on future orders
• Configure which customers to check, and in what situations
• Syntax check for each EU country – alert customer of syntax problems
• Customize alerts to customers for invalid VAT numbers or syntax problems
• Recheck function – when VIES is unavailable, customers are grouped for rechecking next time they log in
• Quick and easy install
Magento pre v1.7 has no in-built support for checking VAT numbers. If you’re in the EU and don’t have an extension to do this, you’ll have to validate VAT numbers manually and refund tax once the order has been placed.
Blue Jalappeno EU VAT Checker automates this process. The extension checks business customers’ VAT numbers against the European database (VIES) and removes any VAT from validated customers' orders.
EU VAT Checker is a comprehensive tool for managing VAT-exempt customers in your store. Once validated, EU VAT Checker adds customers to a VAT-free customer group in Magento and stops tax being added on future orders. The extension is highly configurable, so you control which customers are checked and in what situations.
Unsure if this extension is right for you? Contact us.